CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Repainting the Den


Repainting the Den
Originally uploaded by donnyatx
I finally got sick enough of the yellow to take action.

The kids have some "art" that needs to be primered over. I got it all taped off today.

A couple years ago I gave them permission to tape paper to the wall and pretend it was a chalk board. What I did NOT expect was for them to use permanent marker. The bleed thru is still on the wall under the window. There's also some stick figures in pencil over the couch. One of them used a red crayon on another area, although it's just one line.

Aside from those the yellow is driving me nutty. I traded out all the denim/yellow/white (theme) a few years ago for more neutral earthy tones. I really love that, but the yellow just kills it.

Michael's been saying he loves the yellow for years now, but as you all probably know by now- he's crazy! ;-).

I promise the yellow DID look good when I had denim on the couches and coordinating pillows/curtains.

But it's time for a change!

I'll be busy painting for a couple of days.