CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Art......


Art......
Originally uploaded by **~Donna~**
I have a broad definition of art, as do most of us I assume.

I'm artistic in many ways. I've always loved decorating my house, rearranging furniture, scrapbooking or making cards. I love color! I enjoy photography and (small scale) photo editing. I'd like to improve on all of those as time goes on.

One that I've always wished I was good at was painting and drawing. I've always felt that was a "gift". Not everyone can sit down and draw whatever is in their head, or even something on a picture.

I can draw to a degree, but I'm not a gifted artist in that regard. My husband is. He's very good at that. It's something I admire.

Over the weekend I bought some watercolors to play around with. Although I am not the most talented it is fun to dabble.

I'll never be gifted with it, and it will never come easy for me. But it's fun regardless! I might get a bit better with practice, although I never expect to do anything amazing.

This is one of my first attempts at watercolors. I think I might enjoy colored pencil better. My hands aren't as steady and I am not great with the brushes! I do need practice though, so I won't give up just yet. :)

I learned from this one. Shading... I need to start from the center next time. Additionally, brush sizes. I can utilize the various sizes better than I did today. There's other things but no need to list them all.

Enough rambling. That's my story for the day :-P.