CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mommy


Mommy
Originally uploaded by **~Donna~**
I think she has babies in this tree. I saw her and when she saw me she ran halfway up the tree.

Then she proceeded to spin around and make noises at me, while swishing her tail around wildly. I thought it was cute and funny but I know she was probably ticked at me, LOL. She definitely had the "go away" stare.

She's a pretty thing though!

Here's a little bit about baby squirrels.

Baby squirrels are born in the spring, without fur. They're blind, and weigh in at one or two ounces each. There are usually four in a liter. The mother will keep the young in the nest and nurse them until they're ready to venture out of the nest, on their own. This is usually in eight to ten weeks. You may see a mother squirrel move her babies, she will carry them by mouth, one at a time.