CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 12/365: School


Day 12/365: School
Originally uploaded by donnyatx
Day 12/365: School

There is a wonderful elementary school 2 blocks from our house. That is where our kids went to it for kindergarten and first grade. It

took us about 1 minute to get there. They should have been going there until 5th grade, it was awesome!

Until....

Over the summer the school district decided to change everything around and we wound up in a school about 2 miles away. NO one was happy about this change but they pushed it through and we were all forced to deal with it. I hate it because of the drive. Two miles doesn't seem too bad when you hear it like that. However there's several stop signs and multiple stop lights along that way, and it's on the main road in town. So, it's a pain.

Just today I had someone do a rolling stop at a sign and I almost hit them. Another person pulled out too soon and almost clipped the front of my car. I have dozens of stories like that.

Today, after I got the kids I was stuck behind a lady in a truck doing 15 mph... when I was able to pass her it turns out she was working on lighting up her cigarette!!!!!!! Grrrrrr This frizzy haired older lady fumbling with her cigarette oblivious to the fact that she could so easily cause a wreck, or worse hit someone (lots of walkers down that road). She was weaving around as she was trying to keep her lighter lit and steer at the same time.... Some people just baffle me, was it really that important? If so, couldn't she have just pulled into a parking lot somewhere?

This is a daily thing! We live in a college town so young hotheaded kids are abundant. It never fails that one will cut me off or try to plow over the car at a stop sign. I really do dread that drive!

The kids asked to ride the bus. I remember the bus, and as long as I am able to pick them up I will. No way do I want them riding on the bus, lol. Kids get into way too much on them! It's tempting after that drive there and back though, I must admit >.<. I rode it for a couple of years and turned out fine but the memories are firmly stuck in my head forever. Ahhhhhh

~Donna