CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 27/365: When winter comes

This is a photo of a branch off my peach tree. The fruit never fully ripens so we never eat it, but the flowers it puts off in spring are lovely. At the moment it's rather empty :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winter!

Just the name of this season makes me happy.

I love almost everything about it. The cold.... oh the cold. It's wonderful. I love bundling up and taking walks when it's cold. It's invigorating and makes me feel very alive.

It's windy. I love the wind, the sounds it makes through the trees. The rattling of the chimes.

We don't get snow where I am at but I would love it. Maybe not the shoveling part or driving in it. But playing in it, walking, photographing it. Making snowmen! It's beautiful.

Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years. 3 of my favorite things! I love having all my family and friends around during this time. It's always hectic but I really love it!

When it's over I spend the rest of the year in anticipation of this wonderful season.

~Donna