CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 30/365: The kitchen Window

This is the window I am usually looking out when I am doing things in the kitchen. Admittedly, lately, I haven't been doing much. The Hubby has been very sweet cooking dinner and doing the dinner dishes. He's been enjoying it, or so he says.

But when I am in there during the day doing this or that, I like to look out the window. What you can't see, is on the other wall (L shaped right there) is another window. So they basically bump up to each other there. That's nice because I can get a good view.

I usually start with the realization that our neighbors keep their yard up WAY more than we do. That's something I am hoping to improve on this year. The yard. It's in a sad state currently. I'd like to put new grass in and landscape it a bit. I bought a great book about Texas gardening (because I honestly have NO idea what the heck I am doing). I'd like a small vegetable and herb garden in the back yard. I'd also like some hardy plants for the front yard to spruce it up.

Before any of that though, we need grass again! Our grass is in a horrid state. Our neighbor thinks it's chinch bugs. I need to find out what those are before I buy new grass..... sigh. If I can get rid of those then we should be good to go!

Eventually I'd like to work in some pretty flowers.... but I guess basics first (aka the boring stuff!).

I think once I get going it will be a fun project!

I guess this really wasn't about the window, but oh well. I like the window! I doubt letting the ivy climb the house is a good idea, but I like the ivy too.

I'm hopeless.

~Donna