CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20/365 (Bonus): Construction

When we moved here 10 years ago the town was full of trees and open land.

Today it's slowly becoming "just another" big town. We've seen more fast food places creep in, more apartment complexes than I could shake a stick at, more road construction than I really care fore, and more land being dozed over to put up yet another building.

I've had several spots to take the kids to when bluebonnet season comes around. 3 of those have been built on in the last few years. It makes me sad.

This year was the topping on the cake. We are getting a big "shopping center" complete with a Target.

On one hand I am glad that we don't have to drive very far to do our shopping, on the other I am sad to see even more trees coming down.

My daughter asks me anytime we drive by "Mommy why are they doing that to nature". I think that about sums it up.

~Donna