CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 28/365: Products


Day 28/365: Products
Originally uploaded by donnyatx
I'm a bit particular about certain things. One of them being showers... gotta have one every day and it usually takes me a good 20-30 minutes. I've always been that way. I remember my dad getting pretty fed up with my long showers. He tried to limit me to 5 minute showers (!!!!!!!!). Crazy! I don't remember that lasting long. Clearly the man didn't understand the importance of a female teens hygiene! The horrors! lol

I didn't grow out of the long showers, and my list of "other stuff" grew. I went from needing a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo to... this.

It all started when I was 18. I got a job at Walgreens. They promptly placed me in the cosmetics department. I loved it there! I sold makeup, shampoo, lotion, conditioners, nail polishes- etc. We occasionally went into Houston for presentations from companies like Loreal and Revlon, and walked out with some awesome goodie bags.

And so it began. I had enough makeup, lotions, and nail products to last a lifetime. Too bad they would go bad before I did! Sigh!

I learned a few very good lessons during that time. The most important one was that SPF is good! I always wear lotion and face make up with a SPF 15 or higher. It's harder to find a good lotion with 30+ which is what I prefer. I'm very pale so it's a biggie for me.

I use an exfoliator every few days (I love the Regenerist line by Oil of Olay). I wash my face every night and use eye makeup remover. I once asked hubby to pick some up for me and wrote "eye remover" on the list by accident. He called me laughing! Oops! LOL

I'm big on body wash over soap now. The only drawback is I have to find one and stick with it, otherwise I risk being allergic to it. I have sensitive skin.

I LOVE Avon's hand lotion and foot lotion. Love it! I keep the hand lotion with me always. Good stuff. Chapstick is always around too!

I wear makeup anytime I go out. I feel rather icky without it. Hubby thinks it's silly but that's ok, he doesn't have to live in my head! lol

Perfume.... I used to have SO many. As I've gotten older I've pared down a lot. Now I have a couple I really enjoy. I like subtle scents. Right now I am on a Marc Jacobs "Daisy" kick. Love that stuff.

I'd probably wanna die if I had to live without all this stuff now. >.< Ok, maybe that's being melodramatic. But maybe I would wanna die! I doubt it, but I would be miserable!

That's about it. I am sure the product companies love me. :-P

~Donna