CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 44/365 (Bonus): Steven


Day 44/365 (Bonus): Steven
Originally uploaded by donnyatx
This is my friend Steven.

In December 2004 I bought a game for my hubby that he wanted called "World of Warcraft" (WOW). I REALLY really hated those type of games because it meant he'd get sucked into them and ignore the world around him. Sigh!

Well... this time I actually got interested in the game too. So a few weeks later I started playing as well. Never ever did I expect to get sucked into a video game. EVER. I really hated them! He played a game before WOW that was a constant source of irritation between us because I could never get him away from it.

Since I took an interest in this one he was happy because I wasn't bugging him to get off the game all the time. I was playing with him, so he could play stress free. Perfect Michael world. LOL

Well a few months after we started playing together we met "Proxxis" aka Steven. I think he was 15? He annoyed SO many people. But for every 1 person he annoyed he had 3 others laughing at him. He was always cracking wild and crazy jokes. He used to get on ventrillo and sing Harvey the Hamster (ventrillo is like a speaker phone basically, everyone can log on and talk to anyone). We were all in a "guild" together. Basically it would be like hanging out with a bunch of friends at bingo or something social like that (just for reference).

He drove me insane for quite and I was a bit irritated by him. I knew he was young, there were several young people in the guild at the time. I learned to be VERY patient from that game and the kids that played it. We had lots of 20-30-40 somethings too. It was an interesting balance of personalities and attitudes.

Over the years I've gotten to know Steven and he's a pretty cool guy. I've watched him grow up a lot. Nowadays I feel like he's the brother I never had. We talk every day and joke around. I've given him a lot of advice, and luckily he listens!

I guess that it would be somewhat like a brother, without the sibling rivalry. Even better! :-P We both have a similar sense of humor, which I suppose is the common denominator for us.

I don't really play the game much anymore.... after several years the excitement has waned. I still like to say hi to the friends I made there and do a few things once or twice a week though. I have met some very nice people through the game. It is interesting the spectrum that is drawn to a game like that. I was surprised.

The thing I have come away with though is Steven. Michael loves him too. In a million years I'd never guess we'd make friends with a 15 year old (he's 20 now) that would turn in to a life long friend.

~Donna